Lender Listing Policy
There are three pages on the PrivateStudentLoans.guru site that contain lists of lenders offering private education loans:
These lists are subject to the following principles:
- The lists are intended to be comprehensive.
- There are no fees charged for lenders to be included in these lists.
- Lenders are listed in alphabetical order by lender name. In some
cases, state loan agency names will be prefixed with the name of the
- Unlike other web sites about private student loans, lenders cannot
pay to receive preferred placement in these lists.
- Only lenders that provide the specified type of loan will be
included in the corresponding list.
- Lenders that remarket another lender's loan products may or may
not be included in these lists, at the sole discretion of Cerebly,
Inc. Generally, Cerebly, Inc. prefers to list only one instance
of a lender's loan products, to avoid having a loan product occupying
too much "shelf space."
- Cerebly, Inc., reserves the right to determine whether a
lender qualifies to be included in this list.
PrivateStudentLoans.guru complies with the requirements for preferred
lender lists specified in the Student Loan Sunshine Act (enacted as
part of the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 [P.L. 110-315])
and the Student Lending Accountability, Transparency and Enforcement
(SLATE) Act of 2007 (New York Education Laws, Title 1, Article 13-B
(620-632), S.4524, A.7950).